Under contract number N00178-10-D-6174_EJ02, Michael-Bruno provides Environmental Support Services (Installation Environmental Technicians - ITEs) to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti.
Our IETs monitor and enforce environmental provisions; maintain and monitor environmental engineering and management programs at the installation based on current environmental engineering practices and regulations, including but not limited to the DoD 4715.05-G Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD) of May 1, 2007, OPNAVINST 5090.1C of 30 Oct 2007, and other applicable DoD environmental instructions and policy.
1. Act as a support contractor working in coordination with PWD staff for environmental engineering, compliance and management issues affecting the installation.
2. Prepare periodic environmental reports and make recommendations on the best method for resolving environmental findings. Maintain records and ensure closure of all findings in a timely manner.
3. Ensure installation compliance with environmental engineering and management
requirements. Provide recommendations to the IEPD for modification or approval of work with regard to technical and regulatory environmental requirements.
4. Maintain, and monitor environmental engineering and management programs at the installation. Conduct technical review of all installation environmental compliance plans and programs.
5. Apply environmental engineering skills to validate environmental processes and systems, and make recommendations to the IEPD regarding conduct and proposed improvements. These recommendations are based on current environmental engineering practices and regulations, including but not limited to the DoD 4715.05-G Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD) of May 1, 2007, OPNAVINST 5090.1C of 30 Oct 2007, and other applicable DoD environmental instructions and policy.
6. Determine the technical and regulatory adequacy of all environmental compliance programs at the installation. Ensure the environmental compliance programs are compliant with environmental engineering standards and regulations. Monitor, evaluate, record, and report day-to-day environmental compliance of installation activities by civilian, military, and contract personnel.
IETs establish and maintain compliance for Camp Lemmonnier, Djibouti in the following areas: air emissions; drinking water; wastewater; hazardous material; hazardous waste; solid waste; medical waste management; petroleum, oil, and lubricants; pesticides; historical and cultural resources; natural resources; polychlorinated biphenyls; asbestors; lead-based paint; spill prevention and response planning; underground storage tanks.
Complete environmental compliance audits and inspections of installation and tenant environmental sampling and testing, to include drinking water, wastewater, and air emissions, are also part of Michael-Bruno’s responsibility. They analyze results of the audits and inspections to determine status of the systems and report the results to IEPD with any recommendations. In addition, they use and apply environmental standards and regulations to monitor installation records and operations to ensure compliance. Convey environmental standards and regulations as policy and
requirements to installation and contract personnel. Conduct technical evaluation of installation environmental programs and identify regional and installation requirements for the environmental program.
Our multi-national team of professional architects and urban planners provide an array of ...
Michael-Bruno’s engineering services are wide-ranging, covering civil, electrical, ...
Michael-Bruno is currently providing professional staffing to the US government in Bahrain...
Construction management has been the backbone of Michael-Bruno’s activities for three ...
Example of Michael-Bruno's recent works of architecture, engineering, and general design ...